Boing! Bounce Rentals is a party rental company, specializing in inflatable moon bounces, water slides, obstacle courses, dunk tanks and other similar equipment. We are currently hiring for two positions: 1) Jr. Warehouse Supervisor and 2) Drivers (inflatable delivery, setup and takedown). Please read below for detailed job descriptions.
If interested in either position, email your resume (and/or a note about yourself) and why you feel you would be a good fit for the job to email@example.com. Please specify the position you are applying for in the email.
1) Part-time (Seasonal) Junior Warehouse Supervisor - Pays $11/hr. POSITION FILLED
During the busiest time of year (May - August) hours could easily reach 40 per week, but in the winter months (November through March) there will be very little, if any work. April, September and October will be somewhere between 10 to 25 hours per week.
Our warehouse is currently in Springfield. We will be relocating to a larger space by the end of June, but will still be local.
Weekend work from April through October.
Occasional weekday work April, May, September & October (willing to work with your school schedule)
Regular weekday work will take place June through August.
Responsibilities will include (in no particular order):
- Cleaning and drying inflatables at the warehouse when needed
- Making sure the warehouse stays organized
- Purchasing and maintaining adequate inventory of supplies
- Making sure all equipment is clearly and properly labeled
- Minor repairs to inflatables (we will train you)
- Assisting our drivers with set up and pick up of inflatables
- Occasionally working as an attendant at events
- Working with the owners to develop and document warehouse procedures
- Supervising the assistants who will help you with some of these tasks
This job would be ideal for a local college student (lives locally and attends a local college). Could also work for a high school student if they meet the other requirements.
Must have a driver’s license and their own vehicle. Vehicle will not be used for making deliveries, but is needed to get to and from the warehouse and run errands.
This job would not be a good fit for someone who:
- Expects to be away a lot (more than two weeks) during the summer
- A student involved with activities that would restrict their availability to work after school and on weekends April through October.
- Isn’t able to lift heavy things.
We want someone who will have a positive attitude towards the work. Some of it is hard. Hard work builds character. Attitude we want, “I love carrying these sandbags. It’s like I’m getting paid to workout!”. Attitude we don’t want, “Aww, this set up requires sandbags? This sucks, these sandbags are heavy”.
2) Part-time (Seasonal) Driver for Party Rental Company - Pays $25/hr plus mileage
We are looking to hire motivated drivers to deliver, setup and pick up the equipment.
The job pays $25/hr plus mileage reimbursement (currently $0.535/mi).
You must own a full size pickup truck or SUV with a tow hitch. You will be reimbursed at the IRS published rate for mileage, which is currently 53.5 cents per mile. Your vehicle must be reliable and in good condition. You will work with an assistant who will also be on the payroll at $11/hr. You may choose your assistant (they can be a friend, family member, etc.) or we can assign one to you.
This job is mostly weekend work, however if you are available to work during the week we will use you then as well. The job is seasonal, running April through October.
You must be comfortable towing a landscape trailer behind your truck or SUV.
Since you will deal directly with our customers you must have a professional, clean-cut appearance and we prefer non-smokers. We will provide work t-shirts and training before you are expected to work on your own.
You must be in good physical condition as most of the equipment is heavy.
This job is not good for someone who:
- Can’t lift heavy stuff
- Likes to go the shore on weekends
This job is ideal for someone who:
- Owns a truck with a hitch and wants to make extra money on the weekends